Thursday, October 4, 2007

Horse Riding





Hey there!


I'm here to revive this dying blog!


Recently, we've had a horse riding trip on the 25th of September and I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who turned up for it. The trip wouldn't be successful without you guys!


Anyway, we all met at 845am at southern cross to take the V-line to Wallan. Interesting eh? I bet most Singaporeans would not know of Vline. It's actually a train service which caters to people living further than the metropolitan train stations and hence goes beyond the stations of broadmeadows, lilydale etc etc. Anyway, we alighted at Wallan and transport was provided from the train station to the ranch. We arrived at Pretty Sally Riding Ranch, given helmets and to told to 'SUIT UP'. Ok, I was just kidding about that last part.


After settling all the admin detail, they proceeded to assign us different horses. My horse's name is 'Ace' and he was truly a 100m star but I'm getting ahead of myself here. We started to walk along the trail into the forest and over the valleys. We saw a spectecular view but it wasn't enough. Just when I thought we were going to be walking for the next 1.5 hour, they stopped at the base of a slope and you could tell that the horses were starting to get real frisky. Next thing we knew, we were galloping up the hill! Ok, maybe cantering but it was still pretty fast. Thing about my horse was after the initial run, it subsquently became faster and faster, leaving the others in the distance. It nearly gave me a heart attack. Anyway, we basically walked/cantered/walked/cantered all the way back to the ranch. Afterwards, we were treated to a delicious BBQ of hash browns, sausages and beef! Overall, a very satisfying experience well worth every dollar I paid!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.