First day (10 Aug):
Departed at Melb 2am in the morning! Spent 5 hrs on the bus, trying to catch some sleep but the seats dont recline and the contour doesnt fit my short body. Finally when we reached Falls Creek at 730am, it was freezing cold! Strong winds, foggy skies, and rain. Not good at all, because only 1 lift (Gully lift) was open.
After settling down at Halley's Lodge (many thanks to our AO who was so stressed out organising everything), we went to get fitted for skis and snowboards and off we went to attack the slopes! It was tremendously difficult to walk with the boots.
Today we conquered (without lessons so kudos to us for figuring out most things ourselves through practice and observation) blue slope Final Muster and the practice slope :) Kept on falling down but that was part of the fun! When you dare to fall, you learn faster! I fell really badly once coz the slope was too steep and I hadnt learnt how to control my fall. Almost went down into the cordoned off danger area. And sometimes it is those pple who you are trying to swerve that makes u fall!
Dinner was a filling 3 course meal! 2 choices of entree (I had pumpkin soup on first day and brocolli bacon soup on the second) and 2 choices of main (grilled fish for me on first day and steak on the second) and 2 choices of sweets (and knowing me I went for cheesecake and mille fleur with ice cream!). Immediately after that stomach distending meal everyone just went to sleep, at 9pm!! Terribly unhealthy, and then on waking at 730am we had another heavy meal of breakfast (makes no sense when we eat so much all together and then starve the whole day) of bacon eggs and baked beans, AND unlimited toast with spreads and cornflakes with milk! Naturally I ate everything too.

Second day (11 Aug):
Second day (11 Aug):
The weather was unbearably cold with the rain and wind and mist. I was freezing literally the whole day, and it doesnt help when your soaked underneath ur WATERPROOF clothes and gloves. But at least ALL the lifts were open! We went to do the Wombat's Ramble (green). I went down the wrong way to Panoroma (green) and ended up at the bottom of Drover's Dream Lift. And my friends were at the other side! I felt so lost, and I re-did Panorama again to find them.

This time I fell down hard and hit my head on the pole and it hurt like crazy. (Now I have a bump on my head). Finally I saw them in a restaurant when I went inside to cure my frostbitten fingers. We did more wombat's ramble (fantastic scenery) till we couldnt take the cold any longer.
This time I fell down hard and hit my head on the pole and it hurt like crazy. (Now I have a bump on my head). Finally I saw them in a restaurant when I went inside to cure my frostbitten fingers. We did more wombat's ramble (fantastic scenery) till we couldnt take the cold any longer.
Third day (12 Aug):
HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY TO ME! God blessed us with a sunny day with perfect snow and all! We had credit from Friday's closure of lifts to use for the day, and boy did we attack all the slopes we could!

We did the blue runs, Highway 83 and Main Street (that first run I did, the slope became so unexpectedly steep and I fell badly again), and we totally funned ourselves to death. Pity we had to leave by 4. At the end of the ski trip, I had learnt to slow down and negotiate uneven bumps and ski on flat ground (its tough). No muscle aches so far, and I would definitely go skiing again!

Posted by: Yan Fen
HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY TO ME! God blessed us with a sunny day with perfect snow and all! We had credit from Friday's closure of lifts to use for the day, and boy did we attack all the slopes we could!
We did the blue runs, Highway 83 and Main Street (that first run I did, the slope became so unexpectedly steep and I fell badly again), and we totally funned ourselves to death. Pity we had to leave by 4. At the end of the ski trip, I had learnt to slow down and negotiate uneven bumps and ski on flat ground (its tough). No muscle aches so far, and I would definitely go skiing again!
Posted by: Yan Fen

No comments:
Post a Comment